Call Now: 07843 479549
Here at Ventight it is our goal to provide you with the best possible service we can, to make the whole process of air tightness testing run smooth from start to finish. Our friendly staff have years of experience and are always on hand to answer any questions you might have regarding your air tightness test. You will receive the same excellent service even you are building your first self build home or you are building large scale projects of many homes.
There are several ways to contact us here at Ventight.
By Post, By Phone, By Email or fill in the form on this page and click send.
Ventight Domestic Air Tightness Testing
43 East Hatley
Tel: 07843 479549
Please include your phone number, number of tests required and the site postcode in the message section.
Here at Ventight we like to make your air tightness test run as smoothly as possible. On the test day our engineer will take care of all the temporary sealing and envelope size calculations. We will conduct the air tightness test and highlight any areas of concern within the property and inform you of any extra sealing that might need to be completed to achieve the target score. On completion of a valid test where we achieve the target score, the results will be logged and all certificates will be created and sent out via email in pdf format.
If your site is outside our catchment area, dont worry.
Please contact Ventight if you require any air tightness testing or ventilation flow rate testing, we will be happy to send you a personalised quote covering the work you require and taking into account the extra mileage and time of our engineers.
The above image is the area that we cover here at Ventight.
Please read this section carefully, all the points listed below must be completed before any testing should take place. If any of the points listed below are not completed it will negatively affect your air tightness test result and could prevent your property from passing the air tightness test.
- Design air permeability target is to be provided in advance of the air tightness test.
- All external windows and doors must be correctly fitted and tightly closed.
- All Mechanical ventilation systems including all fixed flow rate extractor fans must temporarily sealed to make them airtight.
- All Passive Ventilation including trickle vents must be closed or temporarily sealed to make them airtight.
- All Electrical wall sockets and switches must be fitted correctly.
- All water traps must be filled with water or temporarily sealed to make them airtight.
- Loft hatch should be fitted and airtight.
- Eaves storage should be boarded out and/or fitted with draught excluder to make it airtight.
- Skirting boards should be fitted and sealed to the floor with mastic around the complete perimeter of every room including hallways, landings and behind the kitchen units.
- All open fires must be temporarily sealed to make them airtight.
- 240v power must be available within the property to supply power to the testing equipment in order for the air tightness test to be carried out.
Missing Loft Hatch Fit an airtight loft hatch before your air tightness test.
Unfinished Toilet Fit the toilet corectly and fill the trap with water and fill the gap in the floor.
Unfinished Shower Tray Fill any gaps under the shower tray and fit the front.
Gaps around pipes Fill all gaps around pipes for an airtight seal.
Incorectly fitted window make sure all windows are fitted corectly and close tightly.
Random Hole Fix all holes and gaps.
Holes Under Bath Fill all the holes around pipes and seal the wall to the floor under the bath.
Missing Ceiling Finish all construction work before you book your test.
Hole In Ceiling Fit all lights and speakers in the ceiling before your air test.
Hole For Boiler Pipe Just because its hidden behind the rubber cover its not airtight, fill the hole to make it airtight.
Unfitted Wall Sockets Fit all wall sockets and switches before your air tightness test.
Gap Around Pipe Fill all gaps around pipes.
Pipe Gap & Missing Skirting Board Fit skirting boards and seal to the floor with mastic for best results.
Missing Extractor Fit all extractor fans before your air tightness test.
Hole in wall under sink hidden by vanity unit Holes like this will fail your air tightness test. Fix it before the vanity unit hides it.
Hole In External Wall This hole was found in a cuboard. Fix it before you book your air tightness test.
Pipes Going Into Ceiling Big gap around several pipes needs to be sealed.
Hole In External Wall If you can see daylight, it's not airtight.
Unfinished Bathroom Make sure you have all construction work completed before you book your air tightness test.
Hole In Floor Fill the gaps with mastic or expanding foam to make it airtight.
Missing Light Switch Fit all light switches and sockets before booking your air tightness test.
Gaps Hidden Behind Sink Seal all gaps around pipes in bathrooms and kitchens.
Missing Sockets and Switches Fit all sockets and switches.
Missing Boxing Box in all wires and pipes before you book you air tightness test.
Gap In Floor Behind Toilet Fill all gaps around pipes.
Missing Sockets and Skirting Seal the gap between the floor and the wall to prevent air travelling from behind the plaster board.
Open Bottom Boxing In Close the bottom off to prevent air flowing down the boxing in.
Gaps Under Kitchen Units Fill all gaps behind kitchen units before fitting the kitchen units.
Open Fires Block the chimney or seal across the front of all open fires.
- The air testing equipment will fit doorways of 1000mm X 2400mm or slightly smaller. Bi-Fold, French style patio doors, larger doorways or bespoke shaped doorways are not suitable for conducting the air tightness test.
- Please ensure the property is clean and tidy on the day of the test, the tester will need access to every room in the property to complete the envelope area calculation.
- If you have any queries relating to items included in this checklist or any other queries not mentioned in this checklist please contact Ventight before the scheduled test date.
Cost and Payment Details
Here at Ventight I like to keep things simple. Please view the tables in this section for an accurate breakdown of costs and how to pay.
You will notice Ventight operate a fixed fee pricing structure.
Ventight are able to accept Cash, Debit Card and Bank transfers as payment.
VAT is charged at 20%, our VAT registration number is 191928474.
Bank details will be provided on the Invoice for bank transfers.
All reports and certificates will be sent out by email in pdf format upon completion of a valid successful test and after payment has been received in full for all works carried out during each site visit.
All prices displayed on this page are available to any site located inside the blue catchment area.
Ventight accept no responsibility for any failed air tightness tests or failed ventilation flow rate tests.
It is the responsibility of the property owner/developer to make appropriate alterations to enable any failing property or ventilation fan to pass the respective tests.
If it is not possible to correct any issues discovered during the first site visit, all subsequent visits are charged at the same fixed rate as the initial unsucsesful visit.
One site visit to conduct air tightness testing only, on four dwellings or less is,
£210 + Vat
Extra dwellings can be added at a cost of £50 + Vat for each additional dwelling.
One site visit to conduct ventilation flow rate testing only, on four dwellings or less is,
£210 + VatExtra dwellings can be added at a cost of £50 + Vat for each additional dwelling.
0ne site visit to conduct both air tightness testing and ventilation flow rate testing, on four dwellings or less is,
£305 + VatExtra dwellings can be added at a cost of £100 + Vat for each additional dwelling.
If your site is outside our catchment area, dont worry.
Please contact Ventight if you require any air tightness testing or ventilation flow rate testing, we will be happy to send you a personalised quote covering the work you require.